Wednesday, September 9, 2009

hold on guys i have to tape up the bridge in my glasses

Graduate school in economics begins with two to three weeks of at the end of summer called "math camp." Yeah. Attending it seems like enough to reserve my seat at the nerd table in the cafeteria, but by bringing my kinda-adorable-but-mostly-dorky bento box lunches, I also stand out as the kid with the most unwieldy rolly backpack of them all.


That said, I can't afford a trip to the dining hall or Ernie's taco truck (post forthcoming!) every day. So I will continue to make my dorky yet affordable and healthy lunches at home.

The bottom tier contains green grapes and cubes of extra sharp cheddar cheese. The top tier holds a corn salad made with red bell pepper, tomato, onion, cilantro, lime, and a lot of salt and pepper. I didn't have any cumin on hand but it would have been a great addition.

We have a lot of that corn salad because for some reason, Jacob and I thought buying twelve ears of corn for two people was a good idea. Another miscalculation turned delicious...the salad is great by itself, as a pizza topping, or as a filling for quesadillas.

No comments: