Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Nutella cupcakes

Hey remember that time when this blog existed? I should stop being a lazy food blogger and post to the 2 readers who still visit! This was something I made with a few friends about three months ago.

One of my loves is Nutella. And I can eat it in anything. I found this cupcake recipe through my friend Angela, who also shares my love of Nutella.

So here we go, awkward photos (because phone-camera quality is awkward?) and a recipe to follow. Let me tell you now: this is not for the health conscious. However, if you don't care (like I don't care), you won't regret it. It's crispy on the top, super moist and chocolaty in the middle. HEAVEN.
Nutella Swirl Cupcakes (via this tumblr)
Ingredients
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
~9.8 tablespoons butter, softened (the recipe is in the metric system, so I'm converting these. So even the ingredients will be in awkward numbers. Hurrah!)
3/4 cup white sugar
3 medium eggs
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup nutella

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 320°F.
2.
Line 12 muffin tins with cupcake or muffin liners.

3. Sift together the flour, salt and baking powder in a medium bowl. Leave aside.
4. Cream together the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl till texture is light.

5. Add in the eggs, one at a time.

6. Add in the vanilla extract.

7. Gradually add in the dry ingredients into the wet mix till well-mixed.

8. Fill up each liner with batter till about 3/4 full.
9.
Top up each cupcake with approximately 1 tbsp of nutella.

10. Use a toothpick to swirl the nutella into the batter.

11. Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. And voilĂ !
Photos courtesy of my friend Queenie and her Blackberry.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Needs more posts! and GOOD JOB on the cupcakes!

^_^b

Angela G said...

I kid you not I was going to make these today. I pulled up the recipe on my computer and everything.

Maybe tomorrow...:)

Vera said...

They look so yummy....Can't wait to try it out..I've got all the ingredients in the kitchen!! :)

Andi? said...

Haha this is a vast improvement over our last cupcake post.

gourmetpigs said...

I love nutella. Brilliant!