This is the fish dish, the classic sole meunière. I slightly adapted it from Epicurious, changing the portion size and cutting out most of the butter.
What you'll need:
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 sole fillets (which is enough for 4 people when used in a menu and not as a main course)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or canola oil
1. Rinse and dry fish. Sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper. Then, dredge fish on both sides with flour. Remember to shake off excess.
2. Heat oil on medium-heat until the oil is hot. Add fish and cook until golden brown on bottom (about 2-3 minutes). Turn over fish and cook until the center is opaque.
3. Plate and drizzle with sauce.
1. Place skillet over medium-high heat. Add butter and cook until golden.
2. Remove from heat. Stir in parsley and lemon juice. Spoon sauce over fish.