Here's what you'll need...
- chicken thighs. I used three which was more than enough for 4 people.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 10 garlic cloves, halved
- 2 handfuls of asparagus, chopped.
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
1. Wash and pat dry chicken. Season with salt and pepper on both sides.
2. Heat oil in heavy 12-inch skillet (medium-high heat) until oil shimmers. Sear chicken until golden brown (only on one side!), then remove from skillet.
3. Keep about 2 tb of fat from skillet and cook garlic and asparagus over medium heat. Stir frequently until veggies are just beginning to soften. Add wine and boil (uncovered) until the liquid is reduced by half. Add chicken broth and bring to a simmer.
4. Return chicken (raw side down) to skillet and simmer (partially covered) until chicken is cooked through. This will take about 25 minutes. Plate.