Fusilli pasta with broccoli, tomato, bell peppers, mozzarella, and prosciutto, drizzled in an onion and white wine glaze.
What you'll need...
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil plus additional for drizzling
- 1/2 pound spring onions or green onions (dark green parts discarded); white parts cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices, pale green parts cut into 1/2-inch-thick slice
- Coarse kosher salt
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup low-salt chicken broth
- 1 1/2 head broccoli, cut.
- 1 tomato (or more, depending on your taste) and half a red bell pepper, chopped
- fusilli pasta--enough for 4 people (2-3 handfuls)
- 1 cup finely grated Mozzarella cheese plus additional for sprinkling
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 4 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-wide strips
1. Melt butter with 2 tablespoons oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add onions. Sprinkle with coarse salt and pepper. Sauté onions until tender (do not brown). Add wine and increase heat to medium-high. Simmer until liquid is reduced to a glaze, about 3 minutes. Add broth and bring to simmer; set aside.
2. Cook broccoli in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender. Strain and put in onion glaze.
3. Return water in pot to boil (the pot used to cook the broccoli). Cook pasta until tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally. Drain, reserving 1 cup pasta cooking liquid.
4. While cooking the pasta, reheat the onion and white wine glaze. Add tomatoes and bell pepper. Stir until heated through.
5. Add pasta, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, and parsley to skillet with vegetables. Toss, adding reserved pasta cooking liquid by 1/4 cupfuls if dry. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Transfer pasta to large shallow bowl. Sprinkle prosciutto over; drizzle with olive oil. Serve, with more grated cheese to pass along!
Roasted potatoes with Mozzarella, oregano, and fresh basil.
What you'll need...
- 3-4 small red potatoes, sliced
- 1 cup mozzarella (grated)
- olive oil
- oregano, salt, and pepper to taste
- fresh chopped basil
1. Preheat oven to 400°. Butter baking tray so potatoes don't stick.
2. Mix olive oil and oregano in bowl and mix in with sliced potatoes.
3. Place potatoes on baking tray. Sprinkle potatoes (both sides) with salt, pepper, oregano, and mozzarella.
4. Bake for 35-40 minutes.
5. Garnish with fresh basil.